A new module on patient-centred care in audiology is now available from HEARnet Learning.
It is targeted at audiologists and other health professionals involved in the clinical management of adults with mild to profound hearing loss and is based on two webinars originally presented as a British Society of Audiology Lunch & Learn eSeminar in late 2015.
The Learning Objectives for the module are provided below:
- Understand why it is pertinent to study the nature of patient-centred care in hearing rehabilitation;
- Critically appraise the evidence for the presence of patient-centred care in adult audiological rehabilitation consultations;
- Apply one strategy discussed in this module as a way to provide patient-centred care in the workplace;
- Understand why the use of jargon can restrict or confuse a patient’s understanding of hearing aids and other technologies; and
- Know what are the likely benefits from using simplified language when recommending hearing aids to clients.
Go here to enrol.